I Long for Him


Job 23:8-9 (New International Version)

8 "But if I go to the east, he is not there;
if I go to the west, I do not find him.

9 When he is at work in the north, I do not see him;
when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.


Have you ever been in a dry place where you long to hear from God? I'm sure you have. I know I have. Job understood this feeling too. At times on our Christian journey we experience times when God seems distant. Isn't it funny how those times seem to be when you are in crisis and need Him most? The enemy loves to try to get in and magnify the situation. He loves to say where is your God now? The funny thing about God is, when He seems distant is when He is closest. That is not an easy thing to understand. In our worst times, we fast,pray, and cry out to the Lord. We worship like never before, we praise like we are losing our mind, and nothing! Or so it seems. He don't have the ability to track or track God. But now this, when He doesn't seem to be speaking...He is working things out.

Let me encourage you while I encourage me. God is working out that situation right now. When the enemy brings doubt, hold on and know that He is God. A change is coming soon. It is only a test. In verse 10 of Job 23, it says after the test, you will come forth as pure gold.

God Bless