Thankful for the Journey


1 Thessalonians 5:18 Amplified Bible

Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].

This morning I was reflecting on this holiday season. In about 5 weeks or so, we will enter into 2009. This is Thanksgiving week, so I asked myself what am I thankful for. Of course, I thank God for my daughter, parents, family, friends, and all my needs being met. I also thank Him for my refinement. My expectation of 2008 was different from what the reality was. My new beginning was in the form of a lot of doors closing. God must close some doors for others to open. For a long time, I fought to open the doors He closed. I kept pulling on them but He closes doors that no one can open...not even me. That was a lesson. I pride myself on being a strong person but my strength does not compare to His. I am most thankful to God for the journey. This year I had to lean on God like never before. In the past, I could lean on my parents. I still can (God blessed me with wonderful parents) but they have their own issues to deal with.Even though my circumstances are not what I would like them to be, I am giving Him thanks in the midst. I believe 2009 will be a year of deliverance and manifestation.

I found out that refinement is an ongoing process. There is always something in us all that God loving removes. He knows how hot to allow the fire to get to expose and remove impurities. I thank God for all of you.

"Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks]"

God Bless