God Is Stretching Me and It Hurts

God is Stretching Me and It Hurts

1 Chronicles 4: 9-10 Chronicles 4:9-10(King James Version)

9And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.10And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

This is known as the Prayer of Jabez. At one time or another, we have all prayed this prayer. Have you ever thought about what you are asking? I always thought it sounded good. I just realized what I asked for. It is uncomfortable when God begins to enlarge you.

Let's examine what it means to enlarge...enlarge: (1) to make larger; increase in extent, bulk, or quantity; add to. (2) to increase the capacity or scope of; expand.

Included in the definition of enlarge is the word expand. Expansion involves stretching. Have you ever stretched a rubber band?What happened? How do you think it feels? The rubber band is pulled as far as it can go. If you stretch it beyond its limit it will pop. Are you glad God knows our limits and won't allow us to pop? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

So, the next time you are under a serious attack of the enemy and you are frustrated and discouraged. Stop and think. Did you pray the prayer of Jabez? You might be surprised to find out that it is you. God does answer prayer! This is a key time in your refinement. He is using this opportunity to get rid of those things in our character that He can't use.

Imagine my surprise when I found out it was me!

God Bless!