Longing For A Touch

Longing For A Touch

Song of Solomon 3:1-4
(The Message)

Song of Solomon 3
1-4 Restless in bed and sleepless through the night, I longed for my lover. I wanted him desperately. His absence was painful.So I got up, went out and roved the city, hunting through streets and down alleys.I wanted my lover in the worst way! I looked high and low, and didn't find him.And then the night watchmen found me as they patrolled the darkened city. "Have you seen my dear lost love?" I asked.No sooner had I left them than I found him, found my dear lost love.I threw my arms around him and held him tight, wouldn't let him go until I had him home again,safe at home beside the fire.

Have you ever longed for God? Have you been desperate for Him? Have you felt like Job? Did you look for Him but couldn't find Him? If so, what did you do? If you have ever loved a human being, you know there are ups and downs in a relationship. There are some times when you feel a distance. Maybe the two of you aren't spending enough time together. On the Christian journey ,there are peaks and valleys. There are times when God seems far from you. The truth is, God is never far from us. In the nautural, if a man likes a woman he pursues her. If a woman likes a man, she has to show interest. God is the same way in a sense. God is the Ultimate Gentleman! He loves you more than any human can ever love you. You are constantly on His mind (Ps. 139:17-18). God pursues us, but never forces His love on us.

In your despeartion, you may have prayed and cried and still felt nothing? God was there. He always is. As illustrated in Song of Solomon 3:1-4, you must pursue God. Worship is our way of being intimate with God. He desires our praise and worship. " Have you seen my dear lost love?" In other words, praise Him. Praise Him for who He is. He is holy,holy, holy. He is I AM. Whatever you need He is. He is love, joy, peace,healing, deliverance, provision, and the list goes on. He is a lion and a lamb. He is gentle but mighty to save.

" I threw my arms around him and held him tight, wouldn't let go..." How do you throw your arms around Him? Worship God. Tell Him how much you love Him. Appreciate Him for just being God. Get in His presence. Go beyond what you need from Him and just spend time with Him. He wants to see your face. He thinks you wonderful. Just sit on His lap, put your head on His chest, and let Him love you. Don't be in a hurry to leave. A relationship with God is not one sided. Just like you spend time with that man, that woman, your friends, your children, or whomever...spend time with God. You don't have to say anything. Praise Him, worship Him and watch your life change.

God Bless