Pour Out Your Heart

1 Samuel 1:11-18
Holman Christian Standard Bible


11 Making a vow, she pleaded, "LORD of Hosts, if You will take notice of Your servant's affliction, remember and not forget me, and give Your servant a son, I will give him to the LORD all the days of his life, and his hair will never be cut."

12 While she was praying in the Lord's presence, Eli watched her lips. 13 Hannah was speaking to herself, and although her lips were moving, her voice could not be heard. Eli thought she was drunk 14 and scolded her, "How long are you going to be drunk? Get rid of your wine!"

15 "No, my lord," Hannah replied. "I am a woman with a broken heart. I haven't had any wine or beer; I've been pouring out my heart before the LORD. 16 Don't think of me as a wicked woman; I've been praying from the depth of my anguish and resentment."

17 Eli responded, "Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant the petition you've requested from Him."

18 "May your servant find favor with you," she replied. Then Hannah went on her way; she ate and no longer appeared downcast.

There are times in life when you need a breakthrough. You need God to do the impossible. You pray then wait. You start to believe that it is not going to happen. Sometimes you have to cry out of the depths of your soul. You have to pray a prayer that moves Heaven.

The Word of God says to pour out your heart before Him. Power belongs to God. Sometimes yo become angry with God or resentful because it seems like He is not moving. It alright to take that to God. He is your Father. He already knows what is in your heart. Why does He want me t pour out my heart you might ask? He wants you to come to a place of intimacy with Him that you will talk to Him like you talk to your best friend, parent, or spouse. Get to that place in God where you hold nothing back.

God Bless