No Weapon Formed Against Me Shall Prosper


By Kimberly Thurston

Before I was even born a weapon was formed but it shall not prosper
Coming through the birth canal of slavery, racism, alcohol, drugs, abuse
and misuse, the weapon was formed but it shall not prosper

From a baby to a teen, then a teen having a baby, the weapon was formed but it
shall not prosper

From going to school to dropping out of school and being schooled on how to pick
up drugs during school hours,
The weapon was formed but it shall not prosper

Let’s not forget the bloody noses he gave me and the torn up clothes he made me
and the name change from Kim to a 5 letter word beginning with B and ending with
itch
The weapon was formed but it shall not prosper

From a baby to teenage mother…then a graduate of the New Jersey/New York
drug smuggle,
What have I become?

Because I have given my life to Christ I have become a new creation, old things are
Passed away and all things have become new. I am a daughter of the King. Saved from everything past, present and future sin, I have become a tax paying citizen, with two jobs I might add and 9 credits from a college degree. Who has also
taken back her virtuosity by staying committed to Christ and everyday more and
more becoming that Proverbs 31 wife.

Go ahead, form the weapon because I need more to write.

As I said before, I’ll say it again, no weapon formed against me shall prosper.


Isaiah 54:17 (New International Version)

17 no weapon forged against you will prevail,
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and this is their vindication from me,"
declares the LORD.