On My Daddy's Lap


Genesis 19:27
King James Version

And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD:

When I was a little girl, I loved to sit on my grandfather's lap. When I was very small, I could listen to his heartbeat. It was a place of warmth and safety. When I was hurt or upset, I would sit on my gran's lap. He would just sit in the window in a chair and just watch what went on in the neighborhood. I would sit on his lap then too. I just loved to be in his presence. My grandfather has left this life and entered the arms of God. But, I'm still the same way. I love to sit in my heavenly Father's lap. In the morning before I start my day, I make a cup of coffee and sit on my daddy's lap. I love to sit on His lap and listen to His heartbeat. My day goes so much better when I start the day that way. I'll even find myself asking Him what to wear or just listen to what bothers Him, what breaks His heart. Just like when I was little, when I'm upset or hurt, I sit on His lap and just cry. Just being in His presence makes me feel better.

God is awesome. Sometimes, I think I'm too big to sit in His lap. But unlike my grandfather(I sat in his lap until i was 10),I never get too big or too heavy. I started to get too busy to sit on my Daddy's lap. But He loves me so much that He made an appointment with me everyday. I would be late or not show up but He loves me so much and is jealous that He removed the distraction that kept me away.

Regardless of gender, age, even weight...you are never too big to sit on your Daddy's lap. Have you spent time on Daddy's lap today?