A Place of Risk

Philippians 3:7-11
Holman Christian Standard Bible

7 But everything that was a gain to me, I have considered to be a loss because of Christ. 8 More than that, I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Because of Him I have suffered the loss of all things and consider them filth, so that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own from the law, but one that is through faith in Christ —the righteousness from God based on faith. 10 [My goal] is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead.

You are in a wonderful place, a place of risk. To be fully satisfied in your walk with Christ, you must be willing to risk everything. In order to gain, you must lose. You have to be willing to risk abandonment, your reputation, your car, house, job, family, friends, money, health...everything. But nothing compares to the reward of losing for the sake of Christ. I know that sounds strange. All your accomplishments, all your righteousness is as filth to God.

A place of risk is complete surrender to the will of God. It is a process and the process is not easy. It is a faith walk. In this walk you will suffer some loss. What's the reward? Eternal life is your reward. Your reward is to know Jesus intimately. You have to know Jesus in the fellowship of His suffering. He gave His life for you. You gain a more abundant life. Must Jesus bare the cross alone and the rest of us go free? No. Your life is hidden in Christ. There is no better place to be.

You are experiencing an extreme makeover. Jesus is the master of the makeover. He makes you beautiful and acceptable to the Father. Count it all joy, because you have put yourself in a place of risk, you will reign with Jesus in the end.

God Bless