Master Can You Use Me?


2 Timothy 2:21
Holman Christian Standard Bible

21 So if anyone purifies himself from these things, he will be a special instrument, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

When a new year begins, my bishop always calls us to a fast. 2007 started out rocky for me to say the least. In the month of January, I experienced betrayal, was talked about, and lied on.I never even saw it coming. The enemy hit me hard. I wanted to lash out at the people who had done me wrong. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have an opinion about everything, all the time. I wanted to say something. Yell at the people involved, defend myself. But God would not allow me. He told me to be quiet and let Him fight my battle. My only recourse was warfare prayer. I began to war in the spirit and let Him handle it. It was a difficult time. It was then that I began to write. I wrote like I did many years ago when I wanted to be a journalist. I did not understand why i felt compelled to write. But God knew.

In the middle of the storm, God began to show me that there was a purpose. It was for my good. He told me that I had to get through that to get to where He was taking me. I could not see it then, but I was being purified. I was in the refiner's fire. He was getting rid of things that He could not use and bringing other things to the surface. He brought the gift of writing to the surface. He was guiding me into ministry. This was to purify me and encourage others. In 2007, God allowed me to start this ministry, minister at a women's conference, and start a Christian magazine. He also showed me that I was a spiritual sniper...anointed to war in the heavens. He showed me that I was an intercessor and had a powerful gift to sit in His lap and fellowship with Him, then pray His will. What an awesome and loving God. In fact the ministry of intercession was the greatest gift He brought to the surface.

Why am I sharing this? To let you know that everything that is happening now ( the good and bad) has purpose. You are being purified. You are and will be a special instrument, set apart for the Master's use.

God Bless